Velour Model Management opens its doors to aspiring models every January, giving them a once in a lifetime opportunity to start building a viable modeling career. We believe that modeling like any other performing art can be coined into a career and thus we have continuously encouraged and taught models to focus on the business aspect of modeling. Since our launch in 2017, we have taken pride in producing some of the most professional and successful models in Kenya. Our models have walked for designers, not just in Kenya, but in Uganda, Ethiopia, and Tanzania.
Velour Model Auditions take place only once every year (3rd or 4th Saturday of January). This is the only time that we sign new models, for a 3-year management contract. We not only ensure that our models receive the best training in the country, but that they have the right branding material to compete favorably with models all over the world. Velour Model audition requirements vary every year and are subject to clientele needs and market trends.
We have stretched the audition process for 2021 to ensure that we do not lock out anyone. Read the audition requirements and details below, very carefully:
Minimum Age: 19 years old
Minimum Height: 5’9
Dress Size: 4UK to 14UK
Minimum Age: 19 years old
Minimum Height: 5’10
STEP 1: ONLINE APPLICATION (5TH DECEMBER TO 20TH DECEMBER 2020)
- Upload 1 Full Polaroid image on your social media handle (Instagram and Facebook ONLY)
- Tag @velourmodels on your post and use the hashtag #signmevelour
- In the caption include the following information- Your Full Name, Age, Height, Bust/Chest, Waist, and Hip Measurements, A working Email Address
- If applying through Instagram, your account Must be Public
- Only Shortlisted candidates who follow the instructions and meet the criteria above shall be contacted
STEP 2: VIDEO SUBMISSION (28TH DECEMBER 2020 TO 15TH JANUARY 2021)
- All applicants who make the cut in the first online application shall be required to submit an introduction video via email
- The video should be clear, taken in natural light and audible (No background music and No filters)
- The video should have the following information: Your Full Name, Your Age, Your Statistics (Bust/Chest, Waist, Hip Measurements), and your Daytime Phone number (If you have tattoos indicate how many and how visible)
- Introduce yourself (stating the information above) then do a catwalk (walk 3 times towards your camera)
- Dress Code: Black fitting pants and Black Fitting Tank Tops/T shirts- Ladies must wear heels
- Only shortlisted applicants who follow the instructions and meet the requirements shall be contacted
STEP 3: PHYSICAL AUDITION (23RD JANUARY 2021)
We intend to work within the government regulations for Covid-19, hence only a few shortlisted candidates will be invited for physical auditions.
All models signed by Velour Models Must attend 6 months of training, it is therefore important that all applicants are within Nairobi and its environs.
- Physical Auditions shall be on the 23rd of January 2021 in Nairobi Kenya (Venue to be communicated to the selected applicants)
- Dress Code: All Black and Fitting
International models who wish to join our team (Uganda, Tanzania, and Ethiopia) should submit an introduction video (Step 2 above) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave a comment
Call: 0775 762274